'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Monday, October 13, 2014

television is good for you...

     So, yes, I indulged in some Classic Television, and for the first time in many a year spent a few hours watching Star Trek The Next Generation, and no, I did not come upon the lost episode where Wesley Crusher is tossed out an airlock. I did, however, watch quite a few episodes that featured the whimsical Q. I like Q. He's gleefully amoral, a kind of Dionysus manqué, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to run into such a being Out There. He's certainly more fun than the Captain, who, to my surprise, grates on me with his monotone moralism. None of this changes the fact that TNG is generally bad, mind you, and it reminds me that once upon a time I was baffled that no one ever made a movie centered on Q. O well, it's all history as they say. Tomorrow I go to my Proper Job, and will no longer have time to indulge in such ridiculous pursuits. That's sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment