'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

you don't really want a revolution, trust me...

     I know, I know, this Potemkin Protest took place several news cycles ago, but I've been busy. Anyway, seems some fifty thousand or less took to the streets of London to protest Austerity. 
     Russell Brand gave a speech. Russell F*cking Brand.
     Bored now.

     I mean, look, Austerity is a way of saying Bend Over, but what is this 'revolution' of which they spoke? Were they going to shut down Sellafield? Storm Buckingham Palace and occupy Westminster? And what the hell, not a revolution of radical ideas but of ideas we already have? Like the Poor Laws, perhaps, which were and are designed to keep poor people poor? What a joke. Lest we forget, Austerity is the English Way and it's about time they revolted. Russell Brand et al, however, are making this so much trivia. Where's their Vaclav Havel - let someone like that come forward and we've got a ball game. (Come to think of it, where's ours?) No, spare me the Hippy Branding and the Lefty Lite pseudo-revolutions that change nothing while shuffling the deck chairs and reassuring the powers. 
     Not that I want the full-on, Leftist Stalinist Iconoclast Desert of the Real either. Had to make that clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment