'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

irresolute resolutions...

     I've been thinking lately that it's time to return to a more deliberate practice as a poet, a more persistent practice as a theologian. How to get there is a poser, but I suspect it has something to do with simply going down the street to that parish church every Sunday whether I like it or not. O, and I still need to make a living. We shall see. In the mean time, I give you this from Madeleine Delbrêl: 'Our Christian life is a pathway between two abysses. One is the measurable abyss of the world’s rejections of God. The other is the unfathomable abyss of the mysteries of God. We will come to see that we are walking the adjoining line where these two abysses intersect. And we will thus understand how we are mediators and why we are mediators.'
     I don't know how to be that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment