'Out of the cradle, endlessly rocking...'

Monday, February 10, 2014

a gratuitous post to drive traffic...

     As you may or may not remember, I obsess over the stats for this little blog. I seek to drive ever more traffic my way for the sole purpose of providing an inconsequential frisson whenever I see the hit counter in virtual motion. So, in an attempt to lure people to ER under false pretenses, I will now pad this post with anything I can think of that's trending at the moment.
     No, Samuel L. Jackson is not Lawrence Fishburne. I thought we settled that a long time ago. 
     I don't care what Richard Petty says. The Sochi Olympics are not a total embarrassment for Danica Patrick. She could so win the luge if even half the field showed up for the race. 
     Speaking of the Winter Olympics, Russia's fake Potemkin Village has drawn the posthumous ire of Catherine the Great. She's going to have Putin's head just knicked right off. She's also pretty pissed about the lurid coverage of Philip Seymour Hoffman's death. 
     As always, it's a poser - how did Homer write the Iliad and the Odyssey while eating all those donuts? The Odyssey is so obviously the work of an older man, and yet you'd think the donuts, not to mention the daily diet of whole pigs and beer, would have killed Homer in his thirties at the latest.
     Like I said, it's a poser.
     And what's with Robert de Niro? That's all I'll say about the once great actor.

     Moving on to more important matters, do you really think Katy Perry is a witch? a worshipper of Satan himself? Is it not more likely that she is just a nitwit? Go for the simplest solution if you can, dear reader. Wield that razor at all times.
     Well, I think that'll about do it for now. I look forward to the quintupling of my traffic within the next half-hour. That would mean at least twenty-five more hits. 
     Success is a giddy thing, o yes it is.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment